Alleghany Corporation (Y) Buy or Sell Stock Guide
Are you looking for the analysis of Alleghany Corporation (Y) stock? Are you wondering what the bulls and the bears say about it?
If so, you came to the right place. In this stock guide, we will share with you 2 reasons to buy and 4 reasons to sell Y stock. You’ll get a perspective on what the bulls and the bears say about it.
The analysis below may be also helpful to you if you have any of the following questions about Y stock:
- Is Y a buy or a sell?
- Should I sell or hold Y stock today?
- Is Y a good buy / investment?
- What are Y analyst opinions, recommendations and ratings?
Let’s start with the bull case. Here are the reasons to buy Y stock:
1. Y average analyst rating is Buy. See Y analyst rating chart.
2. Y average analyst price target ($690.00) is above its current price ($626.84). See Y price target chart.
Now that you understand the bull case, let’s look at the reasons to sell Y stock (i.e., the bear case):
1. Y quarterly revenue growth was -26.60%, lower than the industry and sector average revenue growth (4.91% and 5.69%, respectively). See Y revenue growth chart.
2. Y profitability is declining. The YoY profit margin change was -6.05pp. See Y profitability chart.
3. Y forward P/E ratio is 15.44, and it’s high compared to its industry peers’ P/E ratios. See Y forward P/E ratio chart.
4. Y PEG ratio (P/E adjusted for growth) is 1.83, and it’s high compared to its industry peers’ PEG ratios. See Y PEG chart.
Now let's look at the key statistics for Y:
|Average Price Target / Upside||$690.00 / 6.46%|
|Average Analyst Rating||Buy|
|Industry||Insurance - Property & Casualty|
|Number of Employees||9,300|
|Forward P/E Ratio||16.19|
|YoY Quarterly Revenue Growth||-26.6%|
What are your thoughts on Y?
If you liked this analysis, check out Buy or Sell Stock Guides for other stocks.