Bank of Nova Scotia (The) (BNS) Buy or Sell Stock Guide
The analysis below may be helpful to you if you have any of the following questions about BNS stock:
- Is BNS a buy or a sell?
- Should I sell or hold BNS stock today?
- Is BNS a good buy / a good investment?
- What are BNS analyst opinions, recommendations, ratings?
Here are BNS stock buy reasons/signals:
1. BNS forward dividend yield is 3.86%, higher than the industry (1.31%) and sector (1.27%) forward dividend yields.
2. BNS forward P/E ratio is 10.94, and it’s low compared to its industry peers’ P/E ratios.
3. BNS Price/Book ratio is 1.71, and it’s low compared to its industry peers’ P/B ratios.
4. BNS average analyst rating is Strong Buy.
Here are BNS stock sell reasons/signals:
1. BNS stock price ($66.64) is at the 52-week high. Perhaps now is a good time to sell?
2. BNS quarterly revenue growth was 1.20%, lower than the industry and sector average revenue growth (9.24% and 6.91%, respectively).
3. BNS profitability is declining. The YoY profit margin change was -1.69pp.
4. BNS PEG ratio (P/E adjusted for growth) is 2.59, and it’s high compared to its industry peers’ PEG ratios.
5. BNS average analyst price target ($63.03) is below its current price ($66.64).
6. BNS short interest (days to cover the shorts) ratio is 14.83. The stock garners more short interest than the average industry, sector or S&P 500 stock.
What are your thoughts on BNS?
If you liked this analysis, check out Buy or Sell Stock Guides for other stocks.