BHP Billiton Limited (BHP) Buy or Sell Stock Guide
The analysis below may be helpful to you if you have any of the following questions about BHP stock:
- Is BHP a buy or a sell?
- Should I sell or hold BHP stock today?
- Is BHP a good buy / a good investment?
- What are BHP analyst opinions, recommendations, ratings?
Here are BHP stock buy reasons/signals:
1. BHP quarterly revenue growth was 28.20%, higher than the industry and sector average revenue growth (8.76% and 5.61%, respectively).
2. BHP forward dividend yield is 3.90%, higher than the industry (0.55%) and sector (0.36%) forward dividend yields.
3. BHP average analyst rating is Buy.
Here are BHP stock sell reasons/signals:
1. BHP stock price ($41.66) is close to the 52-week high ($44.15). Perhaps now is a good time to sell?
2. BHP Price/Book ratio is 2.00, and it’s high compared to its industry peers’ P/B ratios.
3. BHP Price/Sales ratio is 2.89, and it’s high compared to its industry peers’ P/S ratios.
4. BHP short interest (days to cover the shorts) ratio is 4.99. The stock garners more short interest than the average industry, sector or S&P 500 stock.
What are your thoughts on BHP?
If you liked this analysis, check out Buy or Sell Stock Guides for other stocks.