BB&T Corporation (BBT) Buy or Sell Stock Guide
The analysis below may be helpful to you if you have any of the following questions about BBT stock:
- Is BBT a buy or a sell?
- Should I sell or hold BBT stock today?
- Is BBT a good buy / a good investment?
- What are BBT analyst opinions, recommendations, ratings?
Here are BBT stock buy reasons/signals:
1. BB&T's market presence in high-growth Florida will position the bank to capitalize on an improving Sunshine State economy.
2. Recent acquisitions will improve deposit market share and help increase fee-based revenue, particularly in BB&T's insurance operations.
3. Conservative loan underwriting has helped BB&T avoid catastrophic losses following the financial crisis and will help avoid significant future losses.
4. BBT profitability is improving. The YoY profit margin change was 0.87pp.
Here are BBT stock sell reasons/signals:
1. Low interest rates continue to weigh down the yield on earning assets.
2. Continued acquisitions persistently weigh on near-term operating efficiency and returns, and there is always the risk of overpaying for acquisitions.
3. Slower loan growth in the face of lower interest rates will continue to affect revenue.
4. BBT quarterly revenue growth was 3.20%, lower than the industry and sector average revenue growth (6.92% and 6.62%, respectively).
5. BBT PEG ratio (P/E adjusted for growth) is 2.44, and it’s high compared to its industry peers’ PEG ratios.
What are your thoughts on BBT?
If you liked this analysis, check out Buy or Sell Stock Guides for other stocks.