Acuity Brands Inc (AYI) Buy or Sell Stock Guide
Are you looking for the analysis of Acuity Brands Inc (AYI) stock? Are you wondering what the bulls and the bears say about it?
If so, you came to the right place. In this stock guide, we will share with you 5 reasons to buy and 5 reasons to sell AYI stock. You’ll get a perspective on what the bulls and the bears say about it.
The analysis below may be also helpful to you if you have any of the following questions about AYI stock:
- Is AYI a buy or a sell?
- Should I sell or hold AYI stock today?
- Is AYI a good buy / investment?
- What are AYI analyst opinions, recommendations and ratings?
Let’s start with the bull case. Here are the reasons to buy AYI stock:
1. AYI quarterly revenue growth was 10.70%, higher than the industry and sector average revenue growth (5.95% and 5.21%, respectively). See AYI revenue growth chart.
2. AYI profitability is improving. The YoY profit margin change was 0.32pp. See AYI profitability chart.
3. AYI forward dividend yield is 0.43%, higher than the industry (0.38%) and sector (0.23%) forward dividend yields. See AYI forward dividend chart.
4. AYI forward P/E ratio is 11.99, and it’s low compared to its industry peers’ P/E ratios. See AYI forward P/E ratio chart.
5. AYI average analyst rating is Buy. See AYI analyst rating chart.
Now that you understand the bull case, let’s look at the reasons to sell AYI stock (i.e., the bear case):
1. AYI stock price ($140.88) is at the 52-week high. Perhaps now is a good time to sell? See AYI price chart.
2. AYI Price/Book ratio is 2.83, and it’s high compared to its industry peers’ P/B ratios. See AYI forward Price/Book ratio chart.
3. AYI PEG ratio (P/E adjusted for growth) is 1.41, and it’s high compared to its industry peers’ PEG ratios. See AYI PEG chart.
4. AYI short share of float is 5.48%. The stock is much more frequently shorted than the average industry, sector or S&P 500 stock. See AYI short share of float chart.
5. AYI short interest (days to cover the shorts) ratio is 4.88. The stock garners more short interest than the average industry, sector or S&P 500 stock. See AYI short interest ratio chart.
Now let's look at the key statistics for AYI:
|Average Price Target / Upside||$149.11 / 2.52%|
|Average Analyst Rating||Buy|
|Number of Employees||13,000|
|Forward P/E Ratio||13.66|
|YoY Quarterly Revenue Growth||2.7%|
What are your thoughts on AYI?
If you liked this analysis, check out Buy or Sell Stock Guides for other stocks.