Acuity Brands Inc (AYI) Buy or Sell Stock Guide
The analysis below may be helpful to you if you have any of the following questions about AYI stock:
- Is AYI a buy or a sell?
- Should I sell or hold AYI stock today?
- Is AYI a good buy / a good investment?
- What are AYI analyst opinions, recommendations, ratings?
Here are AYI stock buy reasons/signals:
1. AYI stock price ($106.38) is at the 52-week low. Perhaps now is a good time to buy?
2. AYI quarterly revenue growth was 10.80%, higher than the industry and sector average revenue growth (6.37% and 5.17%, respectively).
3. AYI profitability is improving. The YoY profit margin change was 0.32pp.
4. AYI forward P/E ratio is 10.96, and it’s low compared to its industry peers’ P/E ratios.
5. AYI PEG ratio (P/E adjusted for growth) is 1.18, and it’s low compared to its industry peers’ PEG ratios.
6. AYI average analyst price target ($148.56) is above its current price ($106.38).
Here are AYI stock sell reasons/signals:
1. AYI Price/Book ratio is 2.73, and it’s high compared to its industry peers’ P/B ratios.
2. AYI short share of float is 7.20%. The stock is much more frequently shorted than the average industry, sector or S&P 500 stock.
3. AYI short interest (days to cover the shorts) ratio is 5.24. The stock garners more short interest than the average industry, sector or S&P 500 stock.
What are your thoughts on AYI?
If you liked this analysis, check out Buy or Sell Stock Guides for other stocks.