American Axle & Manufacturing Holdings, Inc. (AXL) Buy or Sell Stock Guide
Are you looking for the analysis of American Axle & Manufacturing Holdings, Inc. (AXL) stock? Are you wondering what the bulls and the bears say about it?
If so, you came to the right place. In this stock guide, we will share with you 5 reasons to buy and 4 reasons to sell AXL stock. You’ll get a perspective on what the bulls and the bears say about it.
The analysis below may be also helpful to you if you have any of the following questions about AXL stock:
- Is AXL a buy or a sell?
- Should I sell or hold AXL stock today?
- Is AXL a good buy / investment?
- What are AXL analyst opinions, recommendations and ratings?
Let’s start with the bull case. Here are the reasons to buy AXL stock:
1. AXL forward P/E ratio is 4.32, and it’s low compared to its industry peers’ P/E ratios. See AXL forward P/E ratio chart.
2. AXL Price/Book ratio is 0.89, and it’s low compared to its industry peers’ P/B ratios. See AXL forward Price/Book ratio chart.
3. AXL Price/Sales ratio is 0.19, and it’s low compared to its industry peers’ P/S ratios. See AXL forward Price/Sales ratio chart.
4. AXL average analyst rating is Buy. See AXL analyst rating chart.
5. AXL average analyst price target ($18.00) is above its current price ($11.68). See AXL price target chart.
Now that you understand the bull case, let’s look at the reasons to sell AXL stock (i.e., the bear case):
1. AXL quarterly revenue growth was -8.09%, lower than the industry and sector average revenue growth (4.86% and 4.17%, respectively). See AXL revenue growth chart.
2. AXL profitability is declining. The YoY profit margin change was -6.17percentage points. See AXL profitability chart.
3. AXL short share of float is 15.76%. The stock is much more frequently shorted than the average industry, sector or S&P 500 stock. See AXL short share of float chart.
4. AXL short interest (days to cover the shorts) ratio is 8.44. The stock garners more short interest than the average industry, sector or S&P 500 stock. See AXL short interest ratio chart.
Now let's look at the key statistics for AXL:
|Average Price Target / Upside||$18.00 / 54.18%|
|Average Analyst Rating||Buy|
|Number of Employees||25,000|
|Forward P/E Ratio||4.3234|
|YoY Quarterly Revenue Growth||-8.08609656777196%|
What are your thoughts on AXL?
If you liked this analysis, check out Buy or Sell Stock Guides for other stocks.