American States Water Company (AWR) Buy or Sell Stock Guide
The analysis below may be helpful to you if you have any of the following questions about AWR stock:
- Is AWR a buy or a sell?
- Should I sell or hold AWR stock today?
- Is AWR a good buy / a good investment?
- What are AWR analyst opinions, recommendations, ratings?
Here are AWR stock buy reasons/signals:
1. AWR profitability is improving. The YoY profit margin change was 0.51pp.
Here are AWR stock sell reasons/signals:
1. AWR stock price ($56.48) is close to the 52-week high ($57.81). Perhaps now is a good time to sell?
2. AWR quarterly revenue growth was 0.50%, lower than the industry and sector average revenue growth (5.47% and 7.09%, respectively).
3. AWR forward P/E ratio is 32.35, and it’s high compared to its industry peers’ P/E ratios.
4. AWR Price/Book ratio is 4.04, and it’s high compared to its industry peers’ P/B ratios.
5. AWR PEG ratio (P/E adjusted for growth) is 8.45, and it’s high compared to its industry peers’ PEG ratios.
6. AWR average analyst price target ($48.67) is below its current price ($56.48).
7. AWR short interest (days to cover the shorts) ratio is 4.73. The stock garners more short interest than the average industry, sector or S&P 500 stock.
What are your thoughts on AWR?
If you liked this analysis, check out Buy or Sell Stock Guides for other stocks.