American States Water Company (AWR) Buy or Sell Stock Guide
The analysis below may be helpful to you if you have any of the following questions about AWR stock:
- Is AWR a buy or a sell?
- Should I sell or hold AWR stock today?
- Is AWR a good buy / a good investment?
- What are AWR analyst opinions, recommendations, ratings?
Here are AWR stock buy reasons/signals:
1. AWR profitability is improving. The YoY profit margin change was 0.51pp.
2. AWR forward dividend yield is 2.06%, higher than the industry (1.92%) and sector (1.64%) forward dividend yields.
Here are AWR stock sell reasons/signals:
1. AWR stock price ($51.30) is close to the 52-week high ($51.52). Perhaps now is a good time to sell?
2. AWR quarterly revenue growth was 1.10%, lower than the industry and sector average revenue growth (8.28% and 6.45%, respectively).
3. AWR Price/Book ratio is 3.60, and it’s high compared to its industry peers’ P/B ratios.
4. AWR Price/Sales ratio is 4.18, and it’s high compared to its industry peers’ P/S ratios.
5. AWR PEG ratio (P/E adjusted for growth) is 6.63, and it’s high compared to its industry peers’ PEG ratios.
6. AWR average analyst price target ($43.90) is below its current price ($51.30).
7. AWR short interest (days to cover the shorts) ratio is 5.5. The stock garners more short interest than the average industry, sector or S&P 500 stock.
What are your thoughts on AWR?
If you liked this analysis, check out Buy or Sell Stock Guides for other stocks.