American States Water Company (AWR) Buy or Sell Stock Guide
The analysis below may be helpful to you if you have any of the following questions about AWR stock:
- Is AWR a buy or a sell?
- Should I sell or hold AWR stock today?
- Is AWR a good buy / a good investment?
- What are AWR analyst opinions, recommendations, ratings?
Here are AWR stock buy reasons/signals:
1. AWR profitability is improving. The YoY profit margin change was 2.04pp.
2. AWR forward dividend yield is 1.68%, higher than the industry (1.45%) and sector (1.08%) forward dividend yields.
Here are AWR stock sell reasons/signals:
1. AWR quarterly revenue growth was -0.20%, lower than the industry and sector average revenue growth (3.16% and 4.71%, respectively).
2. AWR forward P/E ratio is 32.75, and it’s high compared to its industry peers’ P/E ratios.
3. AWR Price/Book ratio is 4.26, and it’s high compared to its industry peers’ P/B ratios.
4. AWR PEG ratio (P/E adjusted for growth) is 6.27, and it’s high compared to its industry peers’ PEG ratios.
5. AWR average analyst rating is undefined.
6. AWR average analyst price target ($54.40) is below its current price ($65.60).
7. AWR short share of float is 5.77%. The stock is much more frequently shorted than the average industry, sector or S&P 500 stock.
8. AWR short interest (days to cover the shorts) ratio is 6.14. The stock garners more short interest than the average industry, sector or S&P 500 stock.
What are your thoughts on AWR?
If you liked this analysis, check out Buy or Sell Stock Guides for other stocks.