American Vanguard Corporation (AVD) Buy or Sell Stock Guide
Are you looking for the analysis of American Vanguard Corporation (AVD) stock? Are you wondering what the bulls and the bears say about it?
If so, you came to the right place. In this stock guide, we will share with you 9 reasons to buy and 1 reasons to sell AVD stock. You’ll get a perspective on what the bulls and the bears say about it.
The analysis below may be also helpful to you if you have any of the following questions about AVD stock:
- Is AVD a buy or a sell?
- Should I sell or hold AVD stock today?
- Is AVD a good buy / investment?
- What are AVD analyst opinions, recommendations and ratings?
Let’s start with the bull case. Here are the reasons to buy AVD stock:
1. AVD stock price ($14.86) is close to the 52-week low ($14.16). Perhaps now is a good time to buy? See AVD price chart.
2. AVD quarterly revenue growth was 12.70%, higher than the industry and sector average revenue growth (3.73% and 2.83%, respectively). See AVD revenue growth chart.
3. AVD profitability is improving. The YoY profit margin change was 1.61percentage points. See AVD profitability chart.
4. AVD forward P/E ratio is 15.43, and it’s low compared to its industry peers’ P/E ratios. See AVD forward P/E ratio chart.
5. AVD Price/Book ratio is 1.43, and it’s low compared to its industry peers’ P/B ratios. See AVD forward Price/Book ratio chart.
6. AVD Price/Sales ratio is 1.03, and it’s low compared to its industry peers’ P/S ratios. See AVD forward Price/Sales ratio chart.
7. AVD PEG ratio (P/E adjusted for growth) is 6.40, and it’s low compared to its industry peers’ PEG ratios. See AVD PEG chart.
8. AVD average analyst rating is Strong Buy. See AVD analyst rating chart.
9. AVD average analyst price target ($24.50) is above its current price ($14.86). See AVD price target chart.
Now that you understand the bull case, let’s look at the reasons to sell AVD stock (i.e., the bear case):
1. AVD short interest (days to cover the shorts) ratio is 7.78. The stock garners more short interest than the average industry, sector or S&P 500 stock. See AVD short interest ratio chart.
Now let's look at the key statistics for AVD:
|Average Price Target / Upside||$24.50 / 79.09%|
|Average Analyst Rating||Strong Buy|
|Number of Employees||624|
|Forward P/E Ratio||13.99|
|YoY Quarterly Revenue Growth||-4.3%|
What are your thoughts on AVD?
If you liked this analysis, check out Buy or Sell Stock Guides for other stocks.