Actuant Corporation (ATU) Buy or Sell Stock Guide
Are you looking for the analysis of Actuant Corporation (ATU) stock? Are you wondering what the bulls and the bears say about it?
If so, you came to the right place. In this stock guide, we will share with you 3 reasons to buy and 7 reasons to sell ATU stock. You’ll get a perspective on what the bulls and the bears say about it.
The analysis below may be also helpful to you if you have any of the following questions about ATU stock:
- Is ATU a buy or a sell?
- Should I sell or hold ATU stock today?
- Is ATU a good buy / investment?
- What are ATU analyst opinions, recommendations and ratings?
Let’s start with the bull case. Here are the reasons to buy ATU stock:
1. ATU profitability is improving. The YoY profit margin change was 4.21pp. See ATU profitability chart.
2. ATU Price/Sales ratio is 1.30, and it’s low compared to its industry peers’ P/S ratios. See ATU forward Price/Sales ratio chart.
3. ATU average analyst rating is Buy. See ATU analyst rating chart.
Now that you understand the bull case, let’s look at the reasons to sell ATU stock (i.e., the bear case):
1. ATU stock price ($25.76) is close to the 52-week high ($26.26). Perhaps now is a good time to sell? See ATU price chart.
2. ATU quarterly revenue growth was -1.20%, lower than the industry and sector average revenue growth (5.29% and 4.74%, respectively). See ATU revenue growth chart.
3. ATU forward P/E ratio is 18.73, and it’s high compared to its industry peers’ P/E ratios. See ATU forward P/E ratio chart.
4. ATU PEG ratio (P/E adjusted for growth) is 1.48, and it’s high compared to its industry peers’ PEG ratios. See ATU PEG chart.
5. ATU average analyst price target ($24.63) is below its current price ($25.76). See ATU price target chart.
6. ATU short share of float is 6.11%. The stock is much more frequently shorted than the average industry, sector or S&P 500 stock. See ATU short share of float chart.
7. ATU short interest (days to cover the shorts) ratio is 13.76. The stock garners more short interest than the average industry, sector or S&P 500 stock. See ATU short interest ratio chart.
Now let's look at the key statistics for ATU:
|Average Price Target / Upside||$24.63 / -2.96%|
|Average Analyst Rating||Buy|
|Number of Employees||5,300|
|Forward P/E Ratio||18.96|
|YoY Quarterly Revenue Growth||-1.2%|
What are your thoughts on ATU?
If you liked this analysis, check out Buy or Sell Stock Guides for other stocks.