Algonquin Power & Utilities Corp. (AQN) Buy or Sell Stock Guide
Are you looking for the analysis of Algonquin Power & Utilities Corp. (AQN) stock? Are you wondering what the bulls and the bears say about it?
If so, you came to the right place. In this stock guide, we will share with you 4 reasons to buy and 5 reasons to sell AQN stock. You’ll get a perspective on what the bulls and the bears say about it.
The analysis below may be also helpful to you if you have any of the following questions about AQN stock:
- Is AQN a buy or a sell?
- Should I sell or hold AQN stock today?
- Is AQN a good buy / investment?
- What are AQN analyst opinions, recommendations and ratings?
Let’s start with the bull case. Here are the reasons to buy AQN stock:
1. AQN forward dividend yield is 4.59%, higher than the industry (0.29%) and sector (1.02%) forward dividend yields. See AQN forward dividend chart.
2. AQN Price/Sales ratio is 3.34, and it’s low compared to its industry peers’ P/S ratios. See AQN forward Price/Sales ratio chart.
3. AQN average analyst rating is Buy. See AQN analyst rating chart.
4. AQN average analyst price target ($16.31) is above its current price ($11.46). See AQN price target chart.
Now that you understand the bull case, let’s look at the reasons to sell AQN stock (i.e., the bear case):
1. AQN stock price ($11.46) is close to the 52-week high ($11.56). Perhaps now is a good time to sell? See AQN price chart.
2. AQN quarterly revenue growth was 2.50%, lower than the industry and sector average revenue growth (4.95% and 4.79%, respectively). See AQN revenue growth chart.
3. AQN profitability is declining. The YoY profit margin change was -1.76pp. See AQN profitability chart.
4. AQN Price/Book ratio is 1.83, and it’s high compared to its industry peers’ P/B ratios. See AQN forward Price/Book ratio chart.
5. AQN short interest (days to cover the shorts) ratio is 12.43. The stock garners more short interest than the average industry, sector or S&P 500 stock. See AQN short interest ratio chart.
Now let's look at the key statistics for AQN:
|Average Price Target / Upside||$16.31 / 43.13%|
|Average Analyst Rating||Buy|
|Industry||Utilities - Independent Power Producers|
|Number of Employees||2,277|
|Forward P/E Ratio||N/A|
|YoY Quarterly Revenue Growth||2.5%|
What are your thoughts on AQN?
If you liked this analysis, check out Buy or Sell Stock Guides for other stocks.