AmeriGas Partners, L.P. (APU) Buy or Sell Stock Guide
Are you looking for the analysis of AmeriGas Partners, L.P. (APU) stock? Are you wondering what the bulls and the bears say about it?
If so, you came to the right place. In this stock guide, we will share with you 4 reasons to buy and 4 reasons to sell APU stock. You’ll get a perspective on what the bulls and the bears say about it.
The analysis below may be also helpful to you if you have any of the following questions about APU stock:
- Is APU a buy or a sell?
- Should I sell or hold APU stock today?
- Is APU a good buy / investment?
- What are APU analyst opinions, recommendations and ratings?
Let’s start with the bull case. Here are the reasons to buy APU stock:
1. APU profitability is improving. The YoY profit margin change was 0.31percentage points. See APU profitability chart.
2. APU forward dividend yield is 12.31%, higher than the industry (1.30%) and sector (1.02%) forward dividend yields. See APU forward dividend chart.
3. APU forward P/E ratio is 14.54, and it’s low compared to its industry peers’ P/E ratios. See APU forward P/E ratio chart.
4. APU PEG ratio (P/E adjusted for growth) is 0.76, and it’s low compared to its industry peers’ PEG ratios. See APU PEG chart.
Now that you understand the bull case, let’s look at the reasons to sell APU stock (i.e., the bear case):
1. APU stock price ($35.47) is close to the 52-week high ($37.18). Perhaps now is a good time to sell? See APU price chart.
2. APU quarterly revenue growth was 4.20%, lower than the industry and sector average revenue growth (8.16% and 4.79%, respectively). See APU revenue growth chart.
3. APU Price/Book ratio is 7.16, and it’s high compared to its industry peers’ P/B ratios. See APU forward Price/Book ratio chart.
4. APU average analyst price target ($34.30) is below its current price ($35.47). See APU price target chart.
Now let's look at the key statistics for APU:
|Average Price Target / Upside||$34.30 / 0.50%|
|Average Analyst Rating||Hold|
|Industry||Utilities - Regulated Gas|
|Number of Employees||7,700|
|Forward P/E Ratio||13.96|
|YoY Quarterly Revenue Growth||-6.6%|
What are your thoughts on APU?
If you liked this analysis, check out Buy or Sell Stock Guides for other stocks.