Abercrombie & Fitch Company (ANF) Buy or Sell Stock Guide
Are you looking for the analysis of Abercrombie & Fitch Company (ANF) stock? Are you wondering what the bulls and the bears say about it?
If so, you came to the right place. In this stock guide, we will share with you 4 reasons to buy and 6 reasons to sell ANF stock. You’ll get a perspective on what the bulls and the bears say about it.
The analysis below may be also helpful to you if you have any of the following questions about ANF stock:
- Is ANF a buy or a sell?
- Should I sell or hold ANF stock today?
- Is ANF a good buy / investment?
- What are ANF analyst opinions, recommendations and ratings?
Let’s start with the bull case. Here are the reasons to buy ANF stock:
1. ANF profitability is improving. The YoY profit margin change was 0.08pp. See ANF profitability chart.
2. ANF forward dividend yield is 2.98%, higher than the industry (0.58%) and sector (0.51%) forward dividend yields. See ANF forward dividend chart.
3. ANF Price/Book ratio is 1.49, and it’s low compared to its industry peers’ P/B ratios. See ANF forward Price/Book ratio chart.
4. ANF Price/Sales ratio is 0.50, and it’s low compared to its industry peers’ P/S ratios. See ANF forward Price/Sales ratio chart.
Now that you understand the bull case, let’s look at the reasons to sell ANF stock (i.e., the bear case):
1. ANF quarterly revenue growth was -3.10%, lower than the industry and sector average revenue growth (3.33% and 4.40%, respectively). See ANF revenue growth chart.
2. ANF forward P/E ratio is 17.59, and it’s high compared to its industry peers’ P/E ratios. See ANF forward P/E ratio chart.
3. ANF PEG ratio (P/E adjusted for growth) is 7.35, and it’s high compared to its industry peers’ PEG ratios. See ANF PEG chart.
4. ANF average analyst price target ($24.69) is below its current price ($25.59). See ANF price target chart.
5. ANF short share of float is 29.80%. The stock is much more frequently shorted than the average industry, sector or S&P 500 stock. See ANF short share of float chart.
6. ANF short interest (days to cover the shorts) ratio is 4.41. The stock garners more short interest than the average industry, sector or S&P 500 stock. See ANF short interest ratio chart.
Now let's look at the key statistics for ANF:
|Average Price Target / Upside||$24.69 / -12.62%|
|Average Analyst Rating||Hold|
|Number of Employees||38,000|
|Forward P/E Ratio||18.15|
|YoY Quarterly Revenue Growth||-3.1%|
What are your thoughts on ANF?
If you liked this analysis, check out Buy or Sell Stock Guides for other stocks.