AMERIPRISE FINANCIAL SERVICES, INC. (AMP) Buy or Sell Stock Guide
The analysis below may be helpful to you if you have any of the following questions about AMP stock:
- Is AMP a buy or a sell?
- Should I sell or hold AMP stock today?
- Is AMP a good buy / a good investment?
- What are AMP analyst opinions, recommendations, ratings?
Here are AMP stock buy reasons/signals:
1. The acquisition of Columbia Asset Management doubled Ameriprise's assets under management and administration, further increasing the size and scale of its asset management operations.
2. The advisory and wealth management unit offers quality service and product expertise to its affluent clientele and has one of the best retention rates in the industry.
3. A two-pillar model allows Ameriprise to enjoy attractive returns from its asset management business and stable cash flows from its insurance operations.
4. AMP quarterly revenue growth was 9.60%, higher than the industry and sector average revenue growth (4.59% and 6.48%, respectively).
5. AMP profitability is improving. The YoY profit margin change was 1.06pp.
6. AMP forward dividend yield is 3.17%, higher than the industry (0.61%) and sector (1.18%) forward dividend yields.
7. AMP forward P/E ratio is 7.24, and it’s low compared to its industry peers’ P/E ratios.
8. AMP average analyst rating is Buy.
9. AMP average analyst price target ($160.00) is above its current price ($118.85).
Here are AMP stock sell reasons/signals:
1. The life insurance business is a commodity business that suffers from poor industry dynamics.
2. The company's investment portfolio has a larger-than-average commitment to mortgage-backed and asset-backed securities.
3. Ameriprise's wide use of independent advisors means the company has no direct control over customers, making it vulnerable to competitors.
What are your thoughts on AMP?
If you liked this analysis, check out Buy or Sell Stock Guides for other stocks.