AMN Healthcare Services Inc (AMN) Buy or Sell Stock Guide
Are you looking for the analysis of AMN Healthcare Services Inc (AMN) stock? Are you wondering what the bulls and the bears say about it?
If so, you came to the right place. In this stock guide, we will share with you 5 reasons to buy and 7 reasons to sell AMN stock. You’ll get a perspective on what the bulls and the bears say about it.
The analysis below may be also helpful to you if you have any of the following questions about AMN stock:
- Is AMN a buy or a sell?
- Should I sell or hold AMN stock today?
- Is AMN a good buy / investment?
- What are AMN analyst opinions, recommendations and ratings?
Let’s start with the bull case. Here are the reasons to buy AMN stock:
1. The healthcare industry is one of the fastest growing in the U.S., and staffing demand to keep with this growth will remain robust--providing AMN a strong operational foundation.
2. Shifting demographics of the U.S. population toward older individuals should drive increased demand for AMN's services.
3. Having one of the largest and widest nationwide client bases in the industry has enabled the firm to build a quality supply of temporary healthcare workers.
4. AMN average analyst rating is Buy. See AMN analyst rating chart.
5. AMN average analyst price target ($63.75) is above its current price ($54.46). See AMN price target chart.
Now that you understand the bull case, let’s look at the reasons to sell AMN stock (i.e., the bear case):
1. Healthcare worker shortages could pressure revenue and profits if AMN can't maintain a quality supply of job-seekers.
2. Recently proposed regulatory changes to the healthcare industry has created significant near-term uncertainty.
3. As physician staffing becomes a larger part of AMN's business, litigation will become a larger risk.
4. AMN quarterly revenue growth was 1.88%, lower than the industry and sector average revenue growth (4.75% and 3.11%, respectively). See AMN revenue growth chart.
5. AMN profitability is declining. The YoY profit margin change was -0.03percentage points. See AMN profitability chart.
6. AMN short share of float is 6.88%. The stock is much more frequently shorted than the average industry, sector or S&P 500 stock. See AMN short share of float chart.
7. AMN short interest (days to cover the shorts) ratio is 7.75. The stock garners more short interest than the average industry, sector or S&P 500 stock. See AMN short interest ratio chart.
Now let's look at the key statistics for AMN:
|Average Price Target / Upside||$63.75 / 17.12%|
|Average Analyst Rating||Buy|
|Number of Employees||2,920|
|Forward P/E Ratio||18.622|
|YoY Quarterly Revenue Growth||1.8796992481203008%|
What are your thoughts on AMN?
If you liked this analysis, check out Buy or Sell Stock Guides for other stocks.