AMN Healthcare Services Inc (AMN) Buy or Sell Stock Guide
The analysis below may be helpful to you if you have any of the following questions about AMN stock:
- Is AMN a buy or a sell?
- Should I sell or hold AMN stock today?
- Is AMN a good buy / a good investment?
- What are AMN analyst opinions, recommendations, ratings?
Here are AMN stock buy reasons/signals:
1. The healthcare industry is one of the fastest growing in the U.S., and staffing demand to keep with this growth will remain robust--providing AMN a strong operational foundation.
2. Shifting demographics of the U.S. population toward older individuals should drive increased demand for AMN's services.
3. Having one of the largest and widest nationwide client bases in the industry has enabled the firm to build a quality supply of temporary healthcare workers.
4. AMN stock price ($46.25) is at the 52-week low. Perhaps now is a good time to buy?
5. AMN average analyst rating is Buy.
6. AMN average analyst price target ($59.70) is above its current price ($46.25).
Here are AMN stock sell reasons/signals:
1. Healthcare worker shortages could pressure revenue and profits if AMN can't maintain a quality supply of job-seekers.
2. Recently proposed regulatory changes to the healthcare industry has created significant near-term uncertainty.
3. As physician staffing becomes a larger part of AMN's business, litigation will become a larger risk.
4. AMN profitability is declining. The YoY profit margin change was -0.03pp.
5. AMN Price/Book ratio is 3.41, and it’s high compared to its industry peers’ P/B ratios.
6. AMN PEG ratio (P/E adjusted for growth) is 2.65, and it’s high compared to its industry peers’ PEG ratios.
7. AMN short share of float is 7.50%. The stock is much more frequently shorted than the average industry, sector or S&P 500 stock.
8. AMN short interest (days to cover the shorts) ratio is 5.49. The stock garners more short interest than the average industry, sector or S&P 500 stock.
What are your thoughts on AMN?
If you liked this analysis, check out Buy or Sell Stock Guides for other stocks.