AMTEK, Inc. (AME) Buy or Sell Stock Guide
The analysis below may be helpful to you if you have any of the following questions about AME stock:
- Is AME a buy or a sell?
- Should I sell or hold AME stock today?
- Is AME a good buy / a good investment?
- What are AME analyst opinions, recommendations, ratings?
Here are AME stock buy reasons/signals:
1. Ametek has a healthy pipeline of acquisition candidates that fit its differentiated product strategy, supporting a long runway for growth.
2. Depreciating foreign currencies may open up interesting acquisition opportunities for Ametek in fast-growing international markets.
3. Despite being a highly acquisitive firm, Ametek has generously returned cash to shareholders through share buybacks and dividends.
4. AME quarterly revenue growth was 16.40%, higher than the industry and sector average revenue growth (6.55% and 6.60%, respectively).
5. AME profitability is improving. The YoY profit margin change was 2.51pp.
6. AME average analyst rating is Strong Buy.
7. AME average analyst price target ($83.29) is above its current price ($74.21).
Here are AME stock sell reasons/signals:
1. About half of serial acquirer Ametek's assets on its balance sheet are intangibles and goodwill. In the event that the acquired businesses fail to perform, impairments could substantially hit financial results.
2. With over 50% of Ametek's revenue generated internationally, currency translation could be a significant near-term headwind.
3. Competition from low-cost copycats always remains a risk to Ametek's differentiated product portfolio.
4. AME Price/Sales ratio is 3.85, and it’s high compared to its industry peers’ P/S ratios.
What are your thoughts on AME?
If you liked this analysis, check out Buy or Sell Stock Guides for other stocks.