AMC Entertainment Holdings, Inc. (AMC) Buy or Sell Stock Guide
Are you looking for the analysis of AMC Entertainment Holdings, Inc. (AMC) stock? Are you wondering what the bulls and the bears say about it?
If so, you came to the right place. In this stock guide, we will share with you 4 reasons to buy and 5 reasons to sell AMC stock. You’ll get a perspective on what the bulls and the bears say about it.
The analysis below may be also helpful to you if you have any of the following questions about AMC stock:
- Is AMC a buy or a sell?
- Should I sell or hold AMC stock today?
- Is AMC a good buy / investment?
- What are AMC analyst opinions, recommendations and ratings?
Let’s start with the bull case. Here are the reasons to buy AMC stock:
1. AMC forward dividend yield is 5.39%, higher than the industry (0.28%) and sector (0.51%) forward dividend yields. See AMC forward dividend chart.
2. AMC Price/Sales ratio is 0.28, and it’s low compared to its industry peers’ P/S ratios. See AMC forward Price/Sales ratio chart.
3. AMC average analyst rating is Buy. See AMC analyst rating chart.
4. AMC average analyst price target ($19.50) is above its current price ($13.82). See AMC price target chart.
Now that you understand the bull case, let’s look at the reasons to sell AMC stock (i.e., the bear case):
1. AMC quarterly revenue growth was -0.20%, lower than the industry and sector average revenue growth (2.44% and 4.40%, respectively). See AMC revenue growth chart.
2. AMC profitability is declining. The YoY profit margin change was -13.04percentage points. See AMC profitability chart.
3. AMC forward P/E ratio is 183.88, and it’s high compared to its industry peers’ P/E ratios. See AMC forward P/E ratio chart.
4. AMC short share of float is 22.10%. The stock is much more frequently shorted than the average industry, sector or S&P 500 stock. See AMC short share of float chart.
5. AMC short interest (days to cover the shorts) ratio is 5.96. The stock garners more short interest than the average industry, sector or S&P 500 stock. See AMC short interest ratio chart.
Now let's look at the key statistics for AMC:
|Average Price Target / Upside||$19.50 / 53.72%|
|Average Analyst Rating||Buy|
|Industry||Media - Diversified|
|Number of Employees||40,162|
|Forward P/E Ratio||192.86|
|YoY Quarterly Revenue Growth||-13.2%|
What are your thoughts on AMC?
If you liked this analysis, check out Buy or Sell Stock Guides for other stocks.