Autoliv, Inc. (ALV) Buy or Sell Stock Guide
The analysis below may be helpful to you if you have any of the following questions about ALV stock:
- Is ALV a buy or a sell?
- Should I sell or hold ALV stock today?
- Is ALV a good buy / a good investment?
- What are ALV analyst opinions, recommendations, ratings?
Here are ALV stock buy reasons/signals:
1. Autoliv possesses a culture that enables regular and consistent innovation, commercializing technology that generates solid margins and returns on invested capital.
2. Increasing safety content per vehicle across global markets is a growth opportunity for which Autoliv is well positioned.
3. Rising U.S. and European NCAP safety standards will require auto manufacturers to use ADAS and active safety technology to achieve a five-star crash-test rating.
4. ALV forward dividend yield is 1.86%, higher than the industry (0.78%) and sector (1.02%) forward dividend yields.
Here are ALV stock sell reasons/signals:
1. The auto-parts supply industry is highly competitive and customers expect annual, contractual price reductions.
2. The cyclical, capital-intense nature of the industry means that a modest volume decline could translate into a significant drop in profitability.
3. Raw material costs are volatile, adding a degree of uncertainty to margin.
4. ALV stock price ($135.88) is close to the 52-week high ($137.23). Perhaps now is a good time to sell?
5. ALV quarterly revenue growth was 1.60%, lower than the industry and sector average revenue growth (8.99% and 4.52%, respectively).
6. ALV average analyst price target ($124.23) is below its current price ($135.88).
7. ALV short share of float is 6.66%. The stock is much more frequently shorted than the average industry, sector or S&P 500 stock.
8. ALV short interest (days to cover the shorts) ratio is 11.59. The stock garners more short interest than the average industry, sector or S&P 500 stock.
What are your thoughts on ALV?
If you liked this analysis, check out Buy or Sell Stock Guides for other stocks.