Alere Inc. (ALR) Buy or Sell Stock Guide
The analysis below may be helpful to you if you have any of the following questions about ALR stock:
- Is ALR a buy or a sell?
- Should I sell or hold ALR stock today?
- Is ALR a good buy / a good investment?
- What are ALR analyst opinions, recommendations, ratings?
Here are ALR stock buy reasons/signals:
1. Changes in management have allowed Alere to shift strategic focus toward its strength in point-of-care diagnostics.
2. Alere offers point-of-care devices in many high-growth segments. If those devices can sustain or increase share in the cardiology and oncology markets, they should benefit from high industry growth rates.
3. Alere's international growth profile is promising, particularly in geographic regions without the central reference lab infrastructure.
4. ALR profitability is improving. The YoY profit margin change was 9.54pp.
Here are ALR stock sell reasons/signals:
1. Point-of-care diagnostic tests are more expensive on a per-unit basis than central labs, a difficult value proposition in the face of healthcare reform.
2. Alere must innovate and protect its intellectual property portfolio in order to stay ahead of the rapid pace of technological advancement, which may not be possible in the face of stiff competition.
3. Customer switching costs are difficult to find in point-of-care diagnostics.
4. ALR stock price ($50.99) is at the 52-week high. Perhaps now is a good time to sell?
What are your thoughts on ALR?
If you liked this analysis, check out Buy or Sell Stock Guides for other stocks.