Alere Inc. (ALR) Buy or Sell Stock Guide
Are you looking for the analysis of Alere Inc. (ALR) stock? Are you wondering what the bulls and the bears say about it?
If so, you came to the right place. In this stock guide, we will share with you 5 reasons to buy and 3 reasons to sell ALR stock. You’ll get a perspective on what the bulls and the bears say about it.
The analysis below may be also helpful to you if you have any of the following questions about ALR stock:
- Is ALR a buy or a sell?
- Should I sell or hold ALR stock today?
- Is ALR a good buy / investment?
- What are ALR analyst opinions, recommendations and ratings?
Let’s start with the bull case. Here are the reasons to buy ALR stock:
1. Changes in management have allowed Alere to shift strategic focus toward its strength in point-of-care diagnostics.
2. Alere offers point-of-care devices in many high-growth segments. If those devices can sustain or increase share in the cardiology and oncology markets, they should benefit from high industry growth rates.
3. Alere's international growth profile is promising, particularly in geographic regions without the central reference lab infrastructure.
4. ALR stock price ($2.28) is close to the 52-week low ($2.26). Perhaps now is a good time to buy? See ALR price chart.
5. ALR profitability is improving. The YoY profit margin change was 9.54pp. See ALR profitability chart.
Now that you understand the bull case, let’s look at the reasons to sell ALR stock (i.e., the bear case):
1. Point-of-care diagnostic tests are more expensive on a per-unit basis than central labs, a difficult value proposition in the face of healthcare reform.
2. Alere must innovate and protect its intellectual property portfolio in order to stay ahead of the rapid pace of technological advancement, which may not be possible in the face of stiff competition.
3. Customer switching costs are difficult to find in point-of-care diagnostics.
Now let's look at the key statistics for ALR:
|Average Price Target / Upside||N/A|
|Average Analyst Rating||N/A|
|Number of Employees||N/A|
|Forward P/E Ratio||N/A|
|YoY Quarterly Revenue Growth||N/A|
What are your thoughts on ALR?
If you liked this analysis, check out Buy or Sell Stock Guides for other stocks.