Ally Financial Inc. (ALLY) Buy or Sell Stock Guide
The analysis below may be helpful to you if you have any of the following questions about ALLY stock:
- Is ALLY a buy or a sell?
- Should I sell or hold ALLY stock today?
- Is ALLY a good buy / a good investment?
- What are ALLY analyst opinions, recommendations, ratings?
Here are ALLY stock buy reasons/signals:
1. ALLY forward dividend yield is 2.17%, higher than the industry (0.57%) and sector (0.14%) forward dividend yields.
2. ALLY forward P/E ratio is 8.44, and it’s low compared to its industry peers’ P/E ratios.
3. ALLY Price/Book ratio is 0.75, and it’s low compared to its industry peers’ P/B ratios.
4. ALLY average analyst rating is Buy.
5. ALLY average analyst price target ($26.09) is above its current price ($23.32).
Here are ALLY stock sell reasons/signals:
1. ALLY stock price ($23.32) is close to the 52-week high ($23.48). Perhaps now is a good time to sell?
2. ALLY quarterly revenue growth was -7.00%, lower than the industry and sector average revenue growth (6.92% and 6.82%, respectively).
3. ALLY profitability is declining. The YoY profit margin change was -2.66pp.
4. ALLY short share of float is 4.76%. The stock is much more frequently shorted than the average industry, sector or S&P 500 stock.
5. ALLY short interest (days to cover the shorts) ratio is 4.51. The stock garners more short interest than the average industry, sector or S&P 500 stock.
What are your thoughts on ALLY?
If you liked this analysis, check out Buy or Sell Stock Guides for other stocks.