Ally Financial Inc. (ALLY) Buy or Sell Stock Guide
Are you looking for the analysis of Ally Financial Inc. (ALLY) stock? Are you wondering what the bulls and the bears say about it?
If so, you came to the right place. In this stock guide, we will share with you 7 reasons to buy and 1 reasons to sell ALLY stock. You’ll get a perspective on what the bulls and the bears say about it.
The analysis below may be also helpful to you if you have any of the following questions about ALLY stock:
- Is ALLY a buy or a sell?
- Should I sell or hold ALLY stock today?
- Is ALLY a good buy / investment?
- What are ALLY analyst opinions, recommendations and ratings?
Let’s start with the bull case. Here are the reasons to buy ALLY stock:
1. ALLY quarterly revenue growth was 12.70%, higher than the industry and sector average revenue growth (9.70% and 5.69%, respectively). See ALLY revenue growth chart.
2. ALLY profitability is improving. The YoY profit margin change was 12.40percentage points. See ALLY profitability chart.
3. ALLY forward dividend yield is 2.51%, higher than the industry (0.12%) and sector (0.91%) forward dividend yields. See ALLY forward dividend chart.
4. ALLY forward P/E ratio is 7.30, and it’s low compared to its industry peers’ P/E ratios. See ALLY forward P/E ratio chart.
5. ALLY Price/Book ratio is 0.87, and it’s low compared to its industry peers’ P/B ratios. See ALLY forward Price/Book ratio chart.
6. ALLY PEG ratio (P/E adjusted for growth) is 0.80, and it’s low compared to its industry peers’ PEG ratios. See ALLY PEG chart.
7. ALLY average analyst rating is Strong Buy. See ALLY analyst rating chart.
Now that you understand the bull case, let’s look at the reasons to sell ALLY stock (i.e., the bear case):
1. ALLY stock price ($29.90) is close to the 52-week high ($30.24). Perhaps now is a good time to sell? See ALLY price chart.
Now let's look at the key statistics for ALLY:
|Average Price Target / Upside||$32.45 / 10.34%|
|Average Analyst Rating||Strong Buy|
|Number of Employees||8,200|
|Forward P/E Ratio||7.21|
|YoY Quarterly Revenue Growth||10.7%|
What are your thoughts on ALLY?
If you liked this analysis, check out Buy or Sell Stock Guides for other stocks.