Alexander & Baldwin Holdings, Inc. (ALEX) Buy or Sell Stock Guide
Are you looking for the analysis of Alexander & Baldwin Holdings, Inc. (ALEX) stock? Are you wondering what the bulls and the bears say about it?
If so, you came to the right place. In this stock guide, we will share with you 6 reasons to buy and 2 reasons to sell ALEX stock. You’ll get a perspective on what the bulls and the bears say about it.
The analysis below may be also helpful to you if you have any of the following questions about ALEX stock:
- Is ALEX a buy or a sell?
- Should I sell or hold ALEX stock today?
- Is ALEX a good buy / investment?
- What are ALEX analyst opinions, recommendations and ratings?
Let’s start with the bull case. Here are the reasons to buy ALEX stock:
1. ALEX quarterly revenue growth was 136.30%, higher than the industry and sector average revenue growth (5.91% and 5.59%, respectively). See ALEX revenue growth chart.
2. ALEX forward dividend yield is 2.29%, higher than the industry (0.87%) and sector (0.77%) forward dividend yields. See ALEX forward dividend chart.
3. ALEX Price/Sales ratio is 2.86, and it’s low compared to its industry peers’ P/S ratios. See ALEX forward Price/Sales ratio chart.
4. ALEX PEG ratio (P/E adjusted for growth) is 1.78, and it’s low compared to its industry peers’ PEG ratios. See ALEX PEG chart.
5. ALEX average analyst rating is Strong Buy. See ALEX analyst rating chart.
6. ALEX average analyst price target ($28.00) is above its current price ($24.08). See ALEX price target chart.
Now that you understand the bull case, let’s look at the reasons to sell ALEX stock (i.e., the bear case):
1. ALEX profitability is declining. The YoY profit margin change was -64.83pp. See ALEX profitability chart.
2. ALEX short interest (days to cover the shorts) ratio is 3.41. The stock garners more short interest than the average industry, sector or S&P 500 stock. See ALEX short interest ratio chart.
Now let's look at the key statistics for ALEX:
|Average Price Target / Upside||$28.00 / 17.33%|
|Average Analyst Rating||Strong Buy|
|Industry||REIT - Diversified|
|Number of Employees||875|
|Forward P/E Ratio||32.01|
|YoY Quarterly Revenue Growth||136.3%|
What are your thoughts on ALEX?
If you liked this analysis, check out Buy or Sell Stock Guides for other stocks.