Air Lease Corporation (AL) Buy or Sell Stock Guide
Are you looking for the analysis of Air Lease Corporation (AL) stock? Are you wondering what the bulls and the bears say about it?
If so, you came to the right place. In this stock guide, we will share with you 7 reasons to buy and 5 reasons to sell AL stock. You’ll get a perspective on what the bulls and the bears say about it.
The analysis below may be also helpful to you if you have any of the following questions about AL stock:
- Is AL a buy or a sell?
- Should I sell or hold AL stock today?
- Is AL a good buy / investment?
- What are AL analyst opinions, recommendations and ratings?
Let’s start with the bull case. Here are the reasons to buy AL stock:
1. AL quarterly revenue growth was 12.90%, higher than the industry and sector average revenue growth (9.64% and 4.74%, respectively). See AL revenue growth chart.
2. AL forward dividend yield is 1.51%, higher than the industry (0.58%) and sector (0.45%) forward dividend yields. See AL forward dividend chart.
3. AL forward P/E ratio is 5.80, and it’s low compared to its industry peers’ P/E ratios. See AL forward P/E ratio chart.
4. AL Price/Book ratio is 0.90, and it’s low compared to its industry peers’ P/B ratios. See AL forward Price/Book ratio chart.
5. AL PEG ratio (P/E adjusted for growth) is 0.28, and it’s low compared to its industry peers’ PEG ratios. See AL PEG chart.
6. AL average analyst rating is Strong Buy. See AL analyst rating chart.
7. AL average analyst price target ($52.00) is above its current price ($38.90). See AL price target chart.
Now that you understand the bull case, let’s look at the reasons to sell AL stock (i.e., the bear case):
1. AL stock price ($38.90) is close to the 52-week high ($39.61). Perhaps now is a good time to sell? See AL price chart.
2. AL profitability is declining. The YoY profit margin change was -19.45percentage points. See AL profitability chart.
3. AL Price/Sales ratio is 2.57, and it’s high compared to its industry peers’ P/S ratios. See AL forward Price/Sales ratio chart.
4. AL short share of float is 5.52%. The stock is much more frequently shorted than the average industry, sector or S&P 500 stock. See AL short share of float chart.
5. AL short interest (days to cover the shorts) ratio is 5.75. The stock garners more short interest than the average industry, sector or S&P 500 stock. See AL short interest ratio chart.
Now let's look at the key statistics for AL:
|Average Price Target / Upside||$52.00 / 37.15%|
|Average Analyst Rating||Strong Buy|
|Industry||Rental & Leasing Services|
|Number of Employees||97|
|Forward P/E Ratio||5.62|
|YoY Quarterly Revenue Growth||22.3%|
What are your thoughts on AL?
If you liked this analysis, check out Buy or Sell Stock Guides for other stocks.