AGCO Corporation (AGCO) Buy or Sell Stock Guide
The analysis below may be helpful to you if you have any of the following questions about AGCO stock:
- Is AGCO a buy or a sell?
- Should I sell or hold AGCO stock today?
- Is AGCO a good buy / a good investment?
- What are AGCO analyst opinions, recommendations, ratings?
Here are AGCO stock buy reasons/signals:
1. Although Agco's market share trails Deere and CNH by a substantial margin in North America, it holds 50% of the Brazilian market.
2. As Agco has refocused its attention on internal profitability and working capital management, returns on invested capital have improved to more than 13% during the past five years versus only 10% over the prior five years.
3. The consolidation of low-horsepower tractor manufacturing in China is expected to generate $50 million-$70 million of annual savings over the long term.
4. AGCO quarterly revenue growth was 23.30%, higher than the industry and sector average revenue growth (8.89% and 6.60%, respectively).
5. AGCO profitability is improving. The YoY profit margin change was 0.08pp.
6. AGCO forward dividend yield is 0.93%, higher than the industry (0.70%) and sector (0.62%) forward dividend yields.
Here are AGCO stock sell reasons/signals:
1. New Western European engines may face difficulty getting traction in Eastern Europe because of more stringent fuel requirements; even as current economic headwinds abate, Western Europe could face used-equipment oversupply.
2. Agco is working to reduce its North American dealer footprint to create more exclusive arrangements, but the process may take several years.
3. Agco's R&D spending has increased faster than Deere's and CNH's during the past five years but still trails as a percentage of sales. Agco's R&D cost growth may continue to outpace revenue gains as it fights to be relevant.
4. AGCO short share of float is 7.53%. The stock is much more frequently shorted than the average industry, sector or S&P 500 stock.
5. AGCO short interest (days to cover the shorts) ratio is 7.03. The stock garners more short interest than the average industry, sector or S&P 500 stock.
What are your thoughts on AGCO?
If you liked this analysis, check out Buy or Sell Stock Guides for other stocks.