Aflac Incorporated (AFL) Buy or Sell Stock Guide
Are you looking for the analysis of Aflac Incorporated (AFL) stock? Are you wondering what the bulls and the bears say about it?
If so, you came to the right place. In this stock guide, we will share with you 1 reasons to buy and 8 reasons to sell AFL stock. You’ll get a perspective on what the bulls and the bears say about it.
The analysis below may be also helpful to you if you have any of the following questions about AFL stock:
- Is AFL a buy or a sell?
- Should I sell or hold AFL stock today?
- Is AFL a good buy / investment?
- What are AFL analyst opinions, recommendations and ratings?
Let’s start with the bull case. Here are the reasons to buy AFL stock:
1. AFL forward dividend yield is 2.16%, higher than the industry (0.92%) and sector (0.91%) forward dividend yields. See AFL forward dividend chart.
Now that you understand the bull case, let’s look at the reasons to sell AFL stock (i.e., the bear case):
1. AFL stock price ($49.37) is close to the 52-week high ($50.53). Perhaps now is a good time to sell? See AFL price chart.
2. AFL quarterly revenue growth was -5.50%, lower than the industry and sector average revenue growth (2.95% and 5.69%, respectively). See AFL revenue growth chart.
3. AFL forward P/E ratio is 11.29, and it’s high compared to its industry peers’ P/E ratios. See AFL forward P/E ratio chart.
4. AFL Price/Book ratio is 1.61, and it’s high compared to its industry peers’ P/B ratios. See AFL forward Price/Book ratio chart.
5. AFL Price/Sales ratio is 1.72, and it’s high compared to its industry peers’ P/S ratios. See AFL forward Price/Sales ratio chart.
6. AFL PEG ratio (P/E adjusted for growth) is 1.90, and it’s high compared to its industry peers’ PEG ratios. See AFL PEG chart.
7. AFL average analyst price target ($48.50) is below its current price ($49.37). See AFL price target chart.
8. AFL short interest (days to cover the shorts) ratio is 3.53. The stock garners more short interest than the average industry, sector or S&P 500 stock. See AFL short interest ratio chart.
Now let's look at the key statistics for AFL:
|Average Price Target / Upside||$48.50 / -1.24%|
|Average Analyst Rating||Hold|
|Industry||Insurance - Life|
|Number of Employees||11,390|
|Forward P/E Ratio||11.04|
|YoY Quarterly Revenue Growth||-5.5%|
What are your thoughts on AFL?
If you liked this analysis, check out Buy or Sell Stock Guides for other stocks.