Aetna Inc. (AET) Buy or Sell Stock Guide
Are you looking for the analysis of Aetna Inc. (AET) stock? Are you wondering what the bulls and the bears say about it?
If so, you came to the right place. In this stock guide, we will share with you 3 reasons to buy and 5 reasons to sell AET stock. You’ll get a perspective on what the bulls and the bears say about it.
The analysis below may be also helpful to you if you have any of the following questions about AET stock:
- Is AET a buy or a sell?
- Should I sell or hold AET stock today?
- Is AET a good buy / investment?
- What are AET analyst opinions, recommendations and ratings?
Let’s start with the bull case. Here are the reasons to buy AET stock:
1. Aetna's large membership base gives it significant competitive advantages. This dynamic will be enhanced if it can execute a rollup strategy of smaller health insurers.
2. The firm’s solid operations within the group market niche positions it well in one of the most profitable health-insurance segments.
3. Aetna’s large geographic reach should allow it to participate in several exchanges nationwide.
Now that you understand the bull case, let’s look at the reasons to sell AET stock (i.e., the bear case):
1. The overhaul of the U.S. healthcare market has built unprecedented uncertainty into the operating environment for Aetna.
2. Increased transparency and competition will pressure pricing and profits for MCOs.
3. Aetna’s growth prospects are strong; however, this will most likely come from lower profit cohorts.
4. AET stock price ($212.70) is at the 52-week high. Perhaps now is a good time to sell? See AET price chart.
5. AET profitability is declining. The YoY profit margin change was -0.45percentage points. See AET profitability chart.
Now let's look at the key statistics for AET:
|Average Price Target / Upside||N/A|
|Average Analyst Rating||N/A|
|Number of Employees||N/A|
|Forward P/E Ratio||N/A|
|YoY Quarterly Revenue Growth||N/A|
What are your thoughts on AET?
If you liked this analysis, check out Buy or Sell Stock Guides for other stocks.