American Eagle Outfitters, Inc. (AEO) Buy or Sell Stock Guide
The analysis below may be helpful to you if you have any of the following questions about AEO stock:
- Is AEO a buy or a sell?
- Should I sell or hold AEO stock today?
- Is AEO a good buy / a good investment?
- What are AEO analyst opinions, recommendations, ratings?
Here are AEO stock buy reasons/signals:
1. AEO quarterly revenue growth was 12.00%, higher than the industry and sector average revenue growth (1.87% and 4.96%, respectively).
2. AEO forward dividend yield is 2.54%, higher than the industry (0.68%) and sector (0.58%) forward dividend yields.
3. AEO average analyst rating is Buy.
Here are AEO stock sell reasons/signals:
1. AEO stock price ($22.56) is close to the 52-week high ($23.14). Perhaps now is a good time to sell?
2. AEO profitability is declining. The YoY profit margin change was -0.51pp.
3. AEO forward P/E ratio is 14.75, and it’s high compared to its industry peers’ P/E ratios.
4. AEO PEG ratio (P/E adjusted for growth) is 2.81, and it’s high compared to its industry peers’ PEG ratios.
5. AEO average analyst price target ($21.50) is below its current price ($22.56).
6. AEO short share of float is 12.66%. The stock is much more frequently shorted than the average industry, sector or S&P 500 stock.
7. AEO short interest (days to cover the shorts) ratio is 6.13. The stock garners more short interest than the average industry, sector or S&P 500 stock.
What are your thoughts on AEO?
If you liked this analysis, check out Buy or Sell Stock Guides for other stocks.