American Eagle Outfitters, Inc. (AEO) Buy or Sell Stock Guide
Are you looking for the analysis of American Eagle Outfitters, Inc. (AEO) stock? Are you wondering what the bulls and the bears say about it?
If so, you came to the right place. In this stock guide, we will share with you 6 reasons to buy and 3 reasons to sell AEO stock. You’ll get a perspective on what the bulls and the bears say about it.
The analysis below may be also helpful to you if you have any of the following questions about AEO stock:
- Is AEO a buy or a sell?
- Should I sell or hold AEO stock today?
- Is AEO a good buy / investment?
- What are AEO analyst opinions, recommendations and ratings?
Let’s start with the bull case. Here are the reasons to buy AEO stock:
1. AEO stock price ($15.05) is at the 52-week low. Perhaps now is a good time to buy? See AEO price chart.
2. AEO quarterly revenue growth was 7.11%, higher than the industry and sector average revenue growth (2.65% and 4.12%, respectively). See AEO revenue growth chart.
3. AEO profitability is improving. The YoY profit margin change was 1.11 percentage points. See AEO profitability chart.
4. AEO forward dividend yield is 3.36%, higher than the industry (0.59%) and sector (0.51%) forward dividend yields. See AEO forward dividend chart.
5. AEO average analyst rating is Buy. See AEO analyst rating chart.
6. AEO average analyst price target ($23.29) is above its current price ($15.05). See AEO price target chart.
Now that you understand the bull case, let’s look at the reasons to sell AEO stock (i.e., the bear case):
1. AEO PEG ratio (P/E adjusted for growth) is 3.26, and it’s high compared to its industry peers’ PEG ratios. See AEO PEG chart.
2. AEO short share of float is 16.25%. The stock is much more frequently shorted than the average industry, sector or S&P 500 stock. See AEO short share of float chart.
3. AEO short interest (days to cover the shorts) ratio is 4.72. The stock garners more short interest than the average industry, sector or S&P 500 stock. See AEO short interest ratio chart.
Now let's look at the key statistics for AEO:
|Average Price Target / Upside||$23.29 / 51.18%|
|Average Analyst Rating||Buy|
|Number of Employees||40,700|
|Forward P/E Ratio||9.6154|
|YoY Quarterly Revenue Growth||7.1106094808126405%|
What are your thoughts on AEO?
If you liked this analysis, check out Buy or Sell Stock Guides for other stocks.