Agnico Eagle Mines Limited (AEM) Buy or Sell Stock Guide
Are you looking for the analysis of Agnico Eagle Mines Limited (AEM) stock? Are you wondering what the bulls and the bears say about it?
If so, you came to the right place. In this stock guide, we will share with you 4 reasons to buy and 5 reasons to sell AEM stock. You’ll get a perspective on what the bulls and the bears say about it.
The analysis below may be also helpful to you if you have any of the following questions about AEM stock:
- Is AEM a buy or a sell?
- Should I sell or hold AEM stock today?
- Is AEM a good buy / investment?
- What are AEM analyst opinions, recommendations and ratings?
Let’s start with the bull case. Here are the reasons to buy AEM stock:
1. AEM forward dividend yield is 1.15%, higher than the industry (0.13%) and sector (0.25%) forward dividend yields. See AEM forward dividend chart.
2. AEM PEG ratio (P/E adjusted for growth) is 30.83, and it’s low compared to its industry peers’ PEG ratios. See AEM PEG chart.
3. AEM average analyst rating is Strong Buy. See AEM analyst rating chart.
4. AEM average analyst price target ($50.26) is above its current price ($42.41). See AEM price target chart.
Now that you understand the bull case, let’s look at the reasons to sell AEM stock (i.e., the bear case):
1. AEM quarterly revenue growth was -4.90%, lower than the industry and sector average revenue growth (1.43% and 2.83%, respectively). See AEM revenue growth chart.
2. AEM profitability is declining. The YoY profit margin change was -25.78pp. See AEM profitability chart.
3. AEM forward P/E ratio is 38.29, and it’s high compared to its industry peers’ P/E ratios. See AEM forward P/E ratio chart.
4. AEM Price/Sales ratio is 4.58, and it’s high compared to its industry peers’ P/S ratios. See AEM forward Price/Sales ratio chart.
5. AEM short interest (days to cover the shorts) ratio is 4.8. The stock garners more short interest than the average industry, sector or S&P 500 stock. See AEM short interest ratio chart.
Now let's look at the key statistics for AEM:
|Average Price Target / Upside||$50.26 / 23.70%|
|Average Analyst Rating||Strong Buy|
|Number of Employees||6,156|
|Forward P/E Ratio||35.44|
|YoY Quarterly Revenue Growth||-4.9%|
What are your thoughts on AEM?
If you liked this analysis, check out Buy or Sell Stock Guides for other stocks.