Aegon NV (AEG) Buy or Sell Stock Guide
Are you looking for the analysis of Aegon NV (AEG) stock? Are you wondering what the bulls and the bears say about it?
If so, you came to the right place. In this stock guide, we will share with you 4 reasons to buy and 2 reasons to sell AEG stock. You’ll get a perspective on what the bulls and the bears say about it.
The analysis below may be also helpful to you if you have any of the following questions about AEG stock:
- Is AEG a buy or a sell?
- Should I sell or hold AEG stock today?
- Is AEG a good buy / investment?
- What are AEG analyst opinions, recommendations and ratings?
Let’s start with the bull case. Here are the reasons to buy AEG stock:
1. AEG profitability is improving. The YoY profit margin change was 4.25pp. See AEG profitability chart.
2. AEG forward dividend yield is 6.96%, higher than the industry (0.87%) and sector (0.91%) forward dividend yields. See AEG forward dividend chart.
3. AEG Price/Book ratio is 0.37, and it’s low compared to its industry peers’ P/B ratios. See AEG forward Price/Book ratio chart.
4. AEG average analyst price target ($5.97) is above its current price ($5.03). See AEG price target chart.
Now that you understand the bull case, let’s look at the reasons to sell AEG stock (i.e., the bear case):
1. AEG quarterly revenue growth was -97.40%, lower than the industry and sector average revenue growth (2.31% and 5.69%, respectively). See AEG revenue growth chart.
2. AEG short interest (days to cover the shorts) ratio is 5.68. The stock garners more short interest than the average industry, sector or S&P 500 stock. See AEG short interest ratio chart.
Now let's look at the key statistics for AEG:
|Average Price Target / Upside||$5.97 / 17.40%|
|Average Analyst Rating||Hold|
|Industry||Insurance - Diversified|
|Number of Employees||26,000|
|Forward P/E Ratio||N/A|
|YoY Quarterly Revenue Growth||-97.4%|
What are your thoughts on AEG?
If you liked this analysis, check out Buy or Sell Stock Guides for other stocks.