Acme United Corporation. (ACU) Buy or Sell Stock Guide
Are you looking for the analysis of Acme United Corporation. (ACU) stock? Are you wondering what the bulls and the bears say about it?
If so, you came to the right place. In this stock guide, we will share with you 6 reasons to buy and 3 reasons to sell ACU stock. You’ll get a perspective on what the bulls and the bears say about it.
The analysis below may be also helpful to you if you have any of the following questions about ACU stock:
- Is ACU a buy or a sell?
- Should I sell or hold ACU stock today?
- Is ACU a good buy / investment?
- What are ACU analyst opinions, recommendations and ratings?
Let’s start with the bull case. Here are the reasons to buy ACU stock:
1. ACU forward dividend yield is 3.00%, higher than the industry (0.65%) and sector (0.55%) forward dividend yields. See ACU forward dividend chart.
2. ACU forward P/E ratio is 10.06, and it’s low compared to its industry peers’ P/E ratios. See ACU forward P/E ratio chart.
3. ACU Price/Book ratio is 1.05, and it’s low compared to its industry peers’ P/B ratios. See ACU forward Price/Book ratio chart.
4. ACU PEG ratio (P/E adjusted for growth) is 1.16, and it’s low compared to its industry peers’ PEG ratios. See ACU PEG chart.
5. ACU average analyst rating is Strong Buy. See ACU analyst rating chart.
6. ACU average analyst price target ($24.00) is above its current price ($18.63). See ACU price target chart.
Now that you understand the bull case, let’s look at the reasons to sell ACU stock (i.e., the bear case):
1. ACU quarterly revenue growth was 3.20%, lower than the industry and sector average revenue growth (3.21% and 3.51%, respectively). See ACU revenue growth chart.
2. ACU profitability is declining. The YoY profit margin change was -1.59pp. See ACU profitability chart.
3. ACU short interest (days to cover the shorts) ratio is 7.53. The stock garners more short interest than the average industry, sector or S&P 500 stock. See ACU short interest ratio chart.
Now let's look at the key statistics for ACU:
|Average Price Target / Upside||$24.00 / 12.83%|
|Average Analyst Rating||Strong Buy|
|Industry||Household & Personal Products|
|Number of Employees||421|
|Forward P/E Ratio||11.96|
|YoY Quarterly Revenue Growth||3.2%|
What are your thoughts on ACU?
If you liked this analysis, check out Buy or Sell Stock Guides for other stocks.