Alcoa Corporation (AA) Buy or Sell Stock Guide
The analysis below may be helpful to you if you have any of the following questions about AA stock:
- Is AA a buy or a sell?
- Should I sell or hold AA stock today?
- Is AA a good buy / a good investment?
- What are AA analyst opinions, recommendations, ratings?
Here are AA stock buy reasons/signals:
1. Aluminum demand and pricing are poised to recover from cyclical lows, thereby driving significant earnings growth potential for Alcoa.
2. Alcoa’s commodity-facing operations have each improved their cost position in recent years.
3. Alcoa’s outlook should improve as the global economy gradually recovers, as reflected by higher global GDP growth.
4. AA quarterly revenue growth was 23.10%, higher than the industry and sector average revenue growth (8.56% and 21.05%, respectively).
5. AA average analyst rating is Buy.
Here are AA stock sell reasons/signals:
1. Aluminum prices will move sharply lower into the future, weighing heavily on companywide profitability.
2. Overcapacity will remain a material headwind to aluminum price appreciation, driven largely by massive low-cost capacity additions in China.
3. The new Alcoa houses the less attractive assets from the legacy Alcoa business and might not appeal to long-term oriented investors.
4. AA stock price ($45.40) is close to the 52-week high ($47.49). Perhaps now is a good time to sell?
5. AA average analyst price target ($42.58) is below its current price ($45.40).
What are your thoughts on AA?
If you liked this analysis, check out Buy or Sell Stock Guides for other stocks.