Agilent Technologies, Inc. (A) Buy or Sell Stock Guide
The analysis below may be helpful to you if you have any of the following questions about A stock:
- Is A a buy or a sell?
- Should I sell or hold A stock today?
- Is A a good buy / a good investment?
- What are A analyst opinions, recommendations, ratings?
Here are A stock buy reasons/signals:
1. Agilent is a well-established leader in many of its core markets. Customer familiarity with Agilent’s instrumentation and services makes market share gains for new entrants difficult.
2. Agilent’s 2014 spin-off of its electronic measurements segment will free up resources to focus on building out the company’s life science, diagnostic, and chemical analysis operations--all higher-growth and more differentiated industries.
3. The 2012 acquisition of Dako enhances Agilent’s access to the higher-growth and larger clinical diagnostics market while boosting the company’s recurring revenue mix.
4. A quarterly revenue growth was 6.70%, higher than the industry and sector average revenue growth (4.22% and 5.25%, respectively).
5. A profitability is improving. The YoY profit margin change was 1.06pp.
6. A forward dividend yield is 0.81%, higher than the industry (0.13%) and sector (0.21%) forward dividend yields.
7. A average analyst rating is Buy.
Here are A stock sell reasons/signals:
1. A significant portion of Agilent’s business is dependent on research, composed largely of academic and government institutions, which are likely to continue to face budget constraints over the near term.
2. Agilent must continually innovate to stay at the forefront of technological advancement, particularly as it competes with even larger companies with greater resources.
3. Acquisitions and divestments have been central components of Agilent’s strategy, which places high demands on management’s ability to execute market expansion and integration goals.
4. A stock price ($65.76) is close to the 52-week high ($66.17). Perhaps now is a good time to sell?
What are your thoughts on A?
If you liked this analysis, check out Buy or Sell Stock Guides for other stocks.